Friday, January 13, 2012

Two of the Smartest and Bravest I have Ever Known...



I should say, "...that I have ever been lucky enough to have known". While checking out The Khol's Online Health Resource Center I came across photo albums from previous NC Children's Promise Radiothons. After a few clicks, I landed on this photo of Jack Boston (former WPTF and Y102.9 Morning Show Host) interviewing Rebecca Simpson (A friend of both of ours, and Lukemia Patient in remission at the time) about her valiant battle with Cancer. Little did we know that a few years later Rebecca would lose her battle with Cancer and Jack, himself, would be diagnosed with Lukemia. He later lost his valiant battle with Cancer as well. I have fond memories of "closing" out the NC Children's Promise Radiothon with Rebecca and her parents on the air with us pleading for donations before the event ended. It was because of her pleading on the air that we were able to bring in significant donations while many had already tuned us out. I also have fond memories of Jack Boston who helped voice many "bits" for my shows, and shared his top-notch production and voiceover skills with me on a daily basis. I miss them both very much.